2018 Fall Football and Cheer registrations are now CLOSED!
Please check back for Competition Cheerleading league updates- Sign-ups should open in October. Payment plans will be available from October-January.
Season practices will begin in February.
Email Mandi at email@example.com for more information.
The 2018 Cheerleading season will begin August 1, 2018. Each squad will practice 5 days per week in order to complete their mandated 20 hours of conditioning early into the season.
All coaches are background checked and certified through extensive training courses prior to the beginning of the season. This is a requirement to coach!
Competitions begin in October and can last through December depending upon our advancement. Please be prepared for your cheerleader to continue practicing until early December, especially our older squads.
Cheerleaders are assigned to teams by age.
- Other than the registration fee, paid to the association, financial obligations are the responsibility of the parents. Once uniforms are ordered there are no refunds given.
- Uniforms must be neat and in good repair for the duration of the season. If you lose any piece of your uniform before the end of the season, it must be replaced immediately or you could forfeit any further participation on your cheerleaders behalf. In order to keep from raising the cost of participation, OPAA rents uniform pieces under general registration. If you would prefer to purchase your child's uniform pieces, please contact the cheerleading coordinator.
Parents may choose to purchase their own set of pom-poms for their cheerleader during the registration process. The program will have a limited number of poms to rent and will be done on a first come, first serve basis. Rented pom-poms are shared amongst teams.
Parents may also purchase additional pieces like duffel bags and warm-ups for an additional cost.
Uniform pieces are selected by the coordinator. Additional cheerleading shoes may be purchased by the parent to wear for practices. All cheerleaders must wear the same uniform pieces on game-days, competitions and other events.
Cheerleading is a team sport that requires FULL participation from everyone. If your child is involved in other activities that will not allow her to attend all practices, games or competitions, please do not register her for cheerleading. Each squad has a limited time to practice and prepare, extensive absences are a safety hazard for your child and their teammates, and could result in her removal from the routine.
- Practice begins August 1
- All squads can practice up to 8 - 10 hours per week, Monday thru Friday until Labor Day.
- After Labor Day, squads can practice 6 hours per week until the end of the season.
- Every cheerleader must attend all practices.
- There are specific guidelines for excused absences- if a cheerleader is sick, a doctors note is required before she may participate in practices or games.
-All games are played on Saturdays.
-There is an admission charge for all spectators (including parents).
-Half of our games will be home and half will be away- our game schedules are always subject to change.
-All cheerleaders are responsible for their own transportation.
-Cheerleaders are required to attend all games and any post season games. If our football players are scheduled for play-off games we must attend those games with them. This is a requirement of Pop Warner.
- Each cheerleader will have a required amount to fundraise to cover their competition expenses.
- All teams attend the district competition in Jacksonville, Florida including Tiny Mites and Mitey Mites.
- Junior Pee Wee, Pee Wee, Junior Varsity and Varsity teams are required to attend any Regional or National competitions that they advance to. Please consider that competition teams will be traveling during the Thanksgiving Holiday (with Thanksgiving Day being a possibility) when you register for cheerleading.
Find our group on Facebook- OPAA RAIDER CHEERLEADING after you register!
Please note: The above is subject to change from season to season, per changing rules, regulations, guidelines and budgets. Continue to check back frequently or contact the coordinator for the most up-to-date information.
WE'RE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT FOR THE 5TH YEAR IN A ROW, WE HAVE NOT RAISED OUR CHEERLEADING REGISTRATION FEES!
That's right- we haven't raised our registration fees for the 2018 season! In order to reach as many children in the community as possible, we are doing our best to keep financial obligations as low as possible.
|Junior Pee Wee||8,9,10|